Lifestyle & Wellbeing
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can positively affect your gut. See below ways you can do for your Gut health
The foods you eat can have a tremendous effect on the composition of your gut microbiome so eating a balanced diet can benefit your gut.
Fibre-rich foods such as fruits and vegetables and foods rich in friendly bacteria such as yogurt and kefir will do wonders for your gut flora.
Living a healthy lifestyle and making it part of your daily routine is the best way to maintain a healthy gut starting with breakfast. So why not add a sachet of VSL#3 to a bowl of Greek style yoghurt topped with oats, banana, walnuts, and a generous squeeze of Manuka honey. Try VSL#3 with some of our delicious recipes.
Being active influences your gut health. Research suggests that exercise can increase the diversity of your microbiome which in turn affects positively your health. If you struggle to find time to work out there are exercises that you can fit easily into a busy lifestyle or make some easy changes to your daily routine:
- Taking the stairs instead of the lift.
- Getting off the train or bus a stop earlier.
- Do breathing exercises or yoga.
- Using a pedometer or a health monitor app on your mobile to track the number of steps you take every day.
- Join a sports club or a fitness class you enjoy.
If you are feeling more adventurous try these:
- Cycling to work or the station instead of taking the car.
- Join the gym with friends so you can keep each other motivated.
- Going swimming, running, walking at a brisk pace to elevate your heart rate.