Who said getting your daily dose of Live bacteria boosting goodness needs to be boring? Maybe not one for everyday but you can't beat an occasional treat. You're worth it and so is your Gut!
(Makes 4 individual cheesecakes or one big one)
4 packets of VSL#3 - one per cheesecake
800g cream/soft cheese
2 packs of Oreos
6 tablespoons of Butter
600ml heavy whipping cream
300g White Chocolate
300g Dark Chocolate
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
180g icing sugar
Optional: Strawberries and Raspberries to decorate
1. Split the Oreos and scrape off the cream with a knife. Bash the biscuits with a rolling pin or whizz in the food processor until crumbs.
2. Melt the butter over a low heat - add to the biscuits and stir to combine.
3. Line bottom of loose bottom tin(s) with greaseproof paper. Press crumb mixture onto bottom
4. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least an hour and ideally overnight
The Cheesecake Filling
5. Melt dark and white chocolate seperately - either in the microwave or in a bain-marie.
6. Mix cream cheese and icing sugar
7. In a separate bowl whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks are formed. Add the vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
8. Mix Cream cheese into heavy whipping cream and whisk until completely combined
9. Divide the mixture into two equal bowls - to one half add the melted dark chocolate and to the other the white chocolate stirring until completely combined.
10. Take the cake tin(s) out of the fridge. Carefully spoon the white chocolate mixture into the tins doing your best to level the tops.
11. Between the two layers sprinkle your VSL#3 for that extra bit of bacterial goodness!
12. For the dark chocolate either carefully add on top with a spoon or use an icing bag to ensure layers are kept separate.
13. Level the top and decorate with Strawberries/Raspberries if using
14. Chill in the Fridge overnight or until set.