What's your gut feeling?
Your digestive system is a complex place, working around the clock. It acts like an industrial powerhouse or a biochemical factory; using a variety of chemicals, enzymes and mechanical processes to break down what you eat into components that can be absorbed via your intestines.
Inside your intestines is a workforce of bacteria. Many different species of naturally occurring bacteria reside in your intestines, some helping with digestive processes and performing a range of other useful functions. Your intestines never stop working, and the bacteria that live there do so in a state of balanced co-existence. Usually, we remain blissfully unaware of all the hard work that's going on, but if there is an imbalance in your digestive system's natural bacteria, you may experience problems such as:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Illness due to overgrowth of harmful bacteria in the digestive system
- Diarrhoea due to bacteria such as Rotavirus, Clostridium difficile, E.coli and Salmonella ssp1
- Vaginal candidiasis2
- Illness due to the impact on your immunity
- GI immunity to pathogens
- Effects on gastric mucosa and other mucosal systems such as the respiratory tract3,4
...it's important to go with your gut feeling...
Take decisive action today and supplement your diet with the healthy, natural bacteria in VSL#3 Probiotic Food Supplement.
1. Bezkorovainy A et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2001;73:3995-4055.
2. Kligler B et al. Am Fam Physician; 2008:78:1073-1078.
3. Salminen S et al. Brit J Nutr 1998;80:(Suppl. 1):S147-171.
4. Sekirov I et al. Physiol Rev 2010;90:859-904.